Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 25, 2010

SPEAKING: Asking and giving something



Read the following dialogues.
  • Lely : Oki, pass me the salt, please.
  • Oki : Here you are, Lely.

  • Mr Dudy : Sir, could you please get me the Encyclopedia volume 5 above? It’s too high, I can’t reach it.
  • Librarian : Yes, certainly, Sir. I’ll get it for you.

  • Mr Gunadi : Vivian, bring me the newspaper from the table, please.
  • Vivian : It’s coming, Daddy.

  • Nesya : Tukirah, take this glass to the kitchen.It’s dirty.
  • Tukirah : Yes, Miss Nesya.
  • Dimas : Mom, I will go swimming this afternoon. Could you give me some money please?
  • Mother : OK. I’ll give you some money.

Asking something:
  • Can you give me ....
  • Take me that ....
  • Could you please ....
  • Would you kindly ....
Response;
  • Sure. Glad to help.....
  • Yes, of course.
  • Certainly, here it is
  • By All means , Sir

Make some dialogues where someone is asked to do something. Work in pairs the practise them with your friend. Perform your dialogs the day after tomorrow in our English Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment